The OIS — Who We are & What We Do
As the world continues to embrace a more globalized society, so too does Marymount California University. With a highly diverse population of future leaders from more than 30 countries, MCU’s Office of International Services and the International & Intercultural Center strive to provide a comprehensive immigration advising experience focusing on the specific needs of our international student population, while also catering to the MCU population as a whole, offering intercultural programming and professional development campus-wide.
Services Offered to International Students
Comprehensive Immigration Advising for F-1 Visa Students
- Aid new incoming and transfer students through the Initial Form I-20 and visa seeking process
- Provide Fall & Spring Semester International Student Orientation Session
- Advise on and track student progress, transfers, status issues and report in SEVIS as required by SEVP and DHS
- Advise on academic matters as it relates to your F-1 visa status
- Advise on personal matters as it relates to your F-1 visa status
- Advise on domestic and international travel regulations and procedures
- Provide Immigration Status Verification letters for visa renewals
- Provide information on how to obtain a California Driver’s License/State I.D.
- Advise on seeking employment in the U.S.
- Off-Campus Internships (Curricular Practical Training)
- On-Campus employment
- Financial Hardship Employment Authorization
- Off-Campus Employment After Graduation (Optional Practical Training)
- Social Security Numbers (The key to getting paid!)
- Filing U.S. State and Federal Taxes
The International and Intercultural Center (IIC)
A Place To Share, Learn and Grow
- Plans and promotes cultural and social events where international students can share their national heritage with the University community while also adjusting to the campus environment and American customs
- Hosts the International Social Hour — A Learning Center event for International and U.S. students to come together to meet, talk and share ideas on selected weekly topics