The university has plans to invest $6 million to enhance the student’s residential experience. The first phase begins Summer 2017 with $1.9 million in projects planned. The groundbreaking ceremony took place on May 2oth.
These San Pedro Residential Campus enhancements are envisioned to create a college-life environment where shared experiences lead to lifetime friendships.
Within Marymount’s campus development plans are the following projects:
- Townhome air conditioning
- Outdoor dining area with BBQ and wood-burning pizza oven
- Enlarged fitness facilities
- Sand volleyball court
- WiFi upgrades in townhomes and community spaces, up to 100mbps
- Townhome painting and interior remodeling
- Additional study space
- Lush campus landscaping
- Classrooms in modular buildings allowing students to live and learn on the same campus
- Additional parking
- Heated saltwater pool
Bold indicates updates planned to be in place for Fall semester 2017.
This is a very exciting time for the University and we invite you to follow the progress of these resort-style updates through our Facebook and Instagram accounts using the hashtags #StayCoolWithMCU #MCUResortLiving